Change consumer habits
- New parents are a retailer’s holy grail….[because] there are.. some brief periods in a person’s life when old routines fall apart and buying habits are suddenly in flux. One of those moments — the moment, really — is right around the birth of a child, when parents are exhausted and overwhelmed and their shopping patterns and brand loyalties are up for grabs… the key is to reach them earlier, before any other retailers know a baby is on the way
- John Lewis is seeing signs of a baby boom next year – with searches for ‘new baby’ on johnlewis.com in December 2020 up by 274%.
- Analysis of Mumsnet keyword and forum session data has revealed that the UK could be heading towards a baby boom in the first half of 2021.
- Marks and Spencer has introduced its first own-label baby care range in a bit to appeal to more families
- There are positive signs for the baby care market at the halfway stage of 2021
Mother & Baby